Gone With the Wind

Ando com uma vontade enorme de rever "E Tudo o Vento Levou". É um dos filmes que mais gosto, começando pelo titulo, o qual acho tão poético e sugestivo...


As cenas finais (o diálogo entre Rhett e Scarlett e o solilóquio desta) são absolutamente memoráveis:

Scarlett: I must have loved you for years, only I'm such a stupid fool I didn't know it. Please believe me. You must care. Melly said you did.

Rhett: I believe you. And what about Ashley Wilkes?

Scarlett: I never really loved Ashley.

Rhett: You certainly gave a good imitation of it up to this morning. No, Scarlett. I've tried everything. If you'd only met me halfway, even when I came back from London.

Scarlett: I was so glad to see you. I was Rhett. But you were so nasty.

Rhett: And then when you were sick and it was all my fault. I hoped against hope that you'd call for me, but you didn't.

Scarlett: I wanted you. I wanted you desperately, but I didn't think you wanted me.

Rhett: It seems we've been at cross purposes, doesn't it? But it's no use now. As long as there was Bonnie, there was a chance we might be happy. I liked to think that Bonnie was you, a little girl again, before the war and poverty had done things to you. She was so like you, and I could pet her and spoil her - as I wanted to spoil you. But when she went, she took everything.

Scarlett: Oh, Rhett, Rhett. Please don't say that. I'm so sorry. I'm so sorry for everything.

Rhett: My darling. You're such a child. You think that by saying: 'I'm sorry,' all the past can be corrected.

Scarlett: Here, take my handkerchief. Never at any crisis of your life have I known you to have a handkerchief. Rhett, Rhett. Where are you going?

Rhett: I'm going to Charleston, back where I belong.

Scarlett: Please, please take me with you.

Rhett: No, I'm through with everything here. I want peace. I want to see if somewhere there isn't something left in life of charm and grace. Do you know what I'm talking about?

Scarlett: No. I only know that I love you.

Rhett: That's your misfortune.

Scarlett: Rhett, if you go, where shall I go? What shall I do?

Rhett: Frankly, my dear, I don't give a damn! (He leaves.)


Scarlett soliloquy:
I can't let him go. I can't. There must be some way to bring him back. Oh I can't think about this now! I'll go crazy if I do! I'll think about it tomorrow. (She closes the door.) But I must think about it. I must think about it. What is there to do? (She falls forward onto the ascending stairs.) What is there that matters?

...
...Tara!...Home. I'll go home, and I'll think of some way to get him back!

After all, tomorrow is another day!
««««««««««
Duas frases ficam na memória. A maior tampa da história do cinema e a esperança no amanhã.

4 comments:

Ianita said...

Olha, ela que não fosse parva e estúpida que teria tido melhor sorte. Ou seja, o amanhã traz a esperança de ela o conseguir voltar a enganar! Bem fez ele!

A mim ficam-me outras frases: "You're such a child. You think that by saying: 'I'm sorry,' all the past can be corrected." Em bom português, as desculpas não se pedem,....

Kisses

Rony said...

Na verdade, ela apenas se enganou a ela própria... nunca conseguiu ver o caminho correcto, mesmo estando ele em frente ao olhos.

Quando se apercebeu foi tarde de mais, ou não, porque ela é uma lutadora...

Ianita said...

Pois... isto passado para o século XXI, ela ia passar a persegui-lo e qualquer dia mandava-lhe com um frasco de ácido pro bigode! :)

Quem perdeu foi ela, sem dúvida. Mas não tenho pena de quem não sabe aproveitar o bom que a vida lhe traz. Tomara eu...

Kisses

Teresa said...

E tu a pensar k eu tinha este filme em DVD?? DVD, Miga??? Será k ainda não reparaste k nós somos ainda da geração do VHS? Adorei o filme, mas é demasiado trágico, hoje em dia não sei se teria paciência para vê-lo, estes finais deixam-me os nervos em franja. Fica a recordação de ter sido a única coisa k comprei no Harrods(e já lá ia deixando kuase todo o orçamento, ladrões, pá!!)...